Recommend a reliable mini mpv? (5 seater)

Pixied

Hi

We are looking for a 5 seater mini mpv. About 2004 model, up to 13k ish or less with trade in.

Can anyone recommend a good, safe, reliable make & model?

Cheers!
P

Scenic is safe but not so sure about reliable, try Ford C-Max or Corolla Verso.

Verso is a 7 seater but we use ours as a 5 seater all the time....very sturdy & reliable

Opel Zafira. 12k mark for 2004. Should be 1.8 litre engine min. (apparently 1.6 a bit thirsty).

Check out UK car review websites. They provide fairly independent assessments, and id the type of flaws or problems to look out for in the different makes and models.

C-Max. I owned a couple of them. They did the job well, looked good, were totally reliable, and drove quite well too.

The best drivers mini mpv.

Cheers everyone!

I originally was looking at the Verso but have been told the interior is very basic and that they are very hard to find second hand.

Also looking at the c-max. I was advised very reliable but only has a higher roof then the normal focus and and does offer much more for family needs. I do like the fords though too.

Someone who works with cars recommended the scenic, I driven one yet, but the interior looks very comfortable,user friendly and geared towards family needs. I had thought that meganes in general had bad reputations, but the person in question told me that is because there are usually driven into the ground as company cars (??).

In short I went on the internet and their were some mixed reviews about the Scenic.

Does anybody out there have one at the mo? Any comments?

Any other recommendations welcomed!!
Thanks again.

Scenic can, and eventually will, break your heart and bust your bank balance too.

They are very poor cars indeed.

Any car in this class will have a higher roof, and not a whole lot more bar clever seating and a bigger boot.

biggest proble with the scenic is poor resale value,, but i thought you were on a low budget,,

This might be of interest

No connection with this business.

[broken link removed]

Verso interior is basic alright....you need to get min luna spec

CMax is probably best bet as suggested above

Thanks everyone and for the link steph1.

Have to say I am now leaning towards the C-max, tosullivan..

Anybody any more info (good/bad) on the C-max?

I find a lot of so called MPV's aren't that much bigger than a large saloon and indeed many of them have a tiny 5th seat and poor boot space. I like the look of the VW Touran myself. Never had one though, planning on getting one soon so I'm been looking into them. I want 5 full seats though.

In short I went on the internet and their were some mixed reviews about the Scenic.

Does anybody out there have one at the mo? Any comments?

Any other recommendations welcomed!!
Thanks again.

I've had a Scenic for four years now (had it from new). Contrary to some reports, it's been very reliable (it's a diesal by the way). No major expense other than regular servicing. Very hard to beat as a comfortable family car with loads of space (without being absolutely huge to drive as with the larger MPVs).

Mind you, if you're into cars, I couldn't really recommend it, but I guess that's not what you're looking for.....

Main problem is depreciation, but if you're not buying new this isn't such a problem, as you actually benefit from the first owner taking the hit.