recommend a reliable/basic/cheap video recorder!

Irish Spirit

hey,

can anybody recommend a reliable/cheap/basic video recorder that uses SD cards, and also takes pics???

any one used the JVC Everio??

This is being used to record a new born baby...capture those precious moments etc...so it really doesnt need to be fancy etc.

thanks

I think you mean camcorder, not video recorder - big difference !!

Have a look at this page from Amazon. This will give you a good idea of the range, prices and reviews of many of the current camcorders.

You might be able to get away with one of the little ones from the likes of Flip Ultra or Kodak. If you want better quality then the camcorders might fit the bill:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camcorders-...3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=70912347&pf_rd_i=560834

will of course....i was looking at those Flip ones etc....and was tempted until I read all the 1/2 star comments.....now I know some people just moan for the sake of moaning and are never happy but alot of these comments centred around the camera giving up & malfunctioning v quickly/heating up when charging etc....there were a few too many comments like this & i really dont want to waste my money on something that seems to be giving trouble to so many people....so figured might be worth it to pay a little more for 'hopefully' a better camcorder....I'll be in touch....