Recommend a Melbourne Hotel, Please!

Armada

Hi Guys,

Can someone please recommend a central (4* ish) in Melbourne... or a good serviced apartment?

We are also taking in Sydney for New Years Eve but finding hotel accomodation in the Darling Harbour area very expensive so any opinions / ideas would be welcome.

The Intercontinental (formerly Le Meridien) is a beautiful hotel in a fabulous building .... it's probably 5ish rather than 4ish star in as much as stars mean anything nowadays .. but I seem to recall thinking it very well priced so if you get a good deal there it's definitely worth a look .. good central location too

I stayed in the Westin in Melbourne. It was very nice but it is prob more of a 5 star. You could check them out on-line and see what the rates are like.

have a look at tripadvisor,we stayed at the cosmo hotel in st.kilda.excellent tram service,get a weekly ticket.the hotel room had a microwave,kettle,fridge,flat screen tv and rates were good.

Thank you everyone..

One other question.. Would 3 days (4 nights) be enough in Sydney to see the City/Manly/Bondi/ Rocks etc...?

We are very limited with time and I'm trying to take in The Great Barrier Reef(Port Douglas) and Melbourne.

Back