Recommend a handheld vacuum please

Plek Trum

Hi,
I need to pick up a handheld vacuum cleaner - nothing too strenuous but for hoovering up dry food after kittens kick it around the place, litter and giving their bed / scratching posts a quick one over to remove hairs (getting our household hoover out each time is proving laborous!)

Not too impressed with the costs of the Dyson handheld (considering our house Miele is a trojan for similar money) but I do want something that will work efficiently.

All suggestions welcome as ever.. thanks!

A sweeping brush and pan is your best bet as those handheld hoovers in my experience are useless

Have a dyson handheld and it's ok, its no way as good as the miele but I would say it would will be sufficient for what you need it for.

A sweeping brush and pan is your best bet as those handheld hoovers in my experience are useless

Not great at lifting white hairs from my cushions though! They seem to think that the dustpan and brush are for entertainment - trying to sweep up around the litter boxes and food bowls drives them nuts with excitement and they end up jumping into and kicking around even more mess !

Hoping for something handy at lifting hairs, quick tidy - few minutes of a job with a rechargable base. Wall mounted for the untility room would be a bonus...

best thing for lifting cat hairs from your cushions is a lint roller, and they're pretty cheap, i'd be lost without mine!!

Have that too, very handy - shame the dry nuts and discarded litter won't stick to it though ;0) !