Recommend a good restaurant in Cork

decembersal

I want to get a gift voucher (150-200e) for a decent restaurant in Cork to show my appreciation. Can anyone make a recommendation please?

The Ivory Tower is really special - amazing menu, pricey but worth it. Jacobs on the Mall is great. Star Anise on Bridge Street is very good.

Really enjoyed a visit to "The Barn" a few years ago, is it still as good as it was?

Café Paradiso is always a special treat - vegetarian.

It depends your taste obviously but le gourmondais on cook street is absaloutly fantastic. As is the restaurant on bridge street whos name escapes me.... market lane on Oliver plunket street is lovely too!

Les Gourmandise is very nice but also very pricey, last time I was there the bill was over 450 and did not do anything insane, ie 3 courses & probably 3 bottles of wine.

Star Anise is the restaurant on Bridge St and the food is very nice on the few occasions I have been there.

Best of the lot for food in my experience is Ivory Tower but it is expensive.

Eco's in Douglas, fantastic menu, wonderful romantic setting, brilliant service, amazing quality, and cheap as chips. Honestly, you should try it yourself:D

I will second Ecos - superb food and they seem to have frozen their prices circa 1998!! Unbelievable value.....But always full so book ahead.

Definitely Cafe Paradiso. The food is out of this world and I have often given gift vouchers as gifts as its a place people might be fearful of due to the absence of meat on the menu and not 'chance' it on a night out. However if someone's bought a voucher for you, you've nothing to lose.
Every time I've been thanked most sincerely.

Back