Recommend A Good Mixer Type Power Shower - Concealed Pipes

NOAH

I wat to put in 2 power showers driven off a pump and as I know nothing about showers I am looking for a few recommends and why. I only know of miras and aqualiisamakes. I want the type where the pipes are hidden and the mixer is easy to use!!!

help

noah

I have 2 trevi showers installed on the pump as you describe. Thermostatically controlled. Work a treat. Brilliant flow and easy control.

Arrgghh, I had a look at the trevi and they do look good but what do I actually buy!!!!

Looked on the website here

and think I should get this one, daft question but does it include shower head and what did you actually get?? They do look ace. Did you get them here in Ireland or from UK??

NOAH

NOah

we have used Grone (I think thats what they are called) in our house before, fantastic off a 4 bar pumped system. you will also find loads of Hudson Reed stuff on the internet but i could not verifly if they are up to scratch or not however it is a repuitable brand from what I read. Both offer internal or external piping to the shower head.

best of luck

Inchy

Hi Noah,

We are actaully going with a trevi shower called Moonshadow and it's fab looking. You can get exposed or built-in. Shower unit, which has fixed and flexible head is €750 and 3 bar pump is around €400 so it is pricey but looks fab. There's a bathroom place in Dun Laoghaire that sells them and they said they are walking out the door - if that's of any use to you!!

Hi Ellamac, look at my link for trevi above, they deliver to Ireland.

Cant make my mind up now!!!

noah

Noah,

You'll also need to think about the capacity of your hot water cylinder. It'll empty out quickly if you have two power showers on the go at once.

We recently bought this :

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1391-15171

Haven't installed it yet.
We decided on it mainly due to the fact that it'll work with pressure as low as 0.1 bar. That way we hope we won't require a pump. Our current setup is gravity fed and seems adequate, so hoping this'll do the job.

Noah, Just to be wary if you have a problem with the concealed unit you will have to rip out the tiles and plasterboard to fix the problem.

Our plumber recommended an external mixer unit both for looks and maintenance. I've decided on getting the Hudson Reed Victorian Grand Riser Shower with Apron Rose [broken link removed] Has anyone used this type before?

We have 4 mira concealed thermostatically controlled showers in our house all worked off a pump in the hotpress and they are there 6.5 yrs with no problems. We used to run a B & B in our house. They were installed while we were at the building stage. We also had a water softener installed at the same time which I am sure also helps to keep them in good working order.

This is not strictly true. Generally, the faceplate is removable and then you can remove the mechanism bit by bit until all that remains is the carcase of the unit. In other words unless you have some trouble with the body of the unit, you wont be removing any tiles to undertake any repairs.

Hi NOAH.

The one I have is the middle one on your link i.e. Trevi Compact CTV L6736 Built-in Shower .

It does look good. Of course it includes the showerhead, rail and hose.

I got mine from Hurst Heating and Plumbing in Castlebar. I'm sure there are several stockists all over the country. Don't ask me what it costs though, its a year ago and I can't remember what I did yesterday.

If I can help any more, don't hesitate to ask.