Recommend a good independent kitchen planner/designer or a rough idea of what charge?

Anna Lucia

Anybody recommend a good independant kitchen planner/designer or even have a rough idea of how much they charge?

Re: Kitchen Planner

Ithought that they normally don't charge for just calling to your house to draw a design and measuring. (at least my friend doesn't)
Only when you actually buy, and they just give you a quote then.

Ithought that they normally don't charge for just calling to your house to draw a design and measuring. (at least my friend doesn't)
Only when you actually buy, and they just give you a quote then.

I would recommend Jenny at www.HomeInteriors.ie she designs kitchens for people all the time.

Just to clarify Jenny is a colleague of mine and did an amazing job on my kitchen.

not sure if it's the kind of thing you mean but there's a free kitchen design software available to download on ikea website, only started to use it myself but it's a good first step in planning a kitchen i think.

The people in Houseworks will design your kitchen for you for 200euros - if you do buy the kitchen from them (Siematic) it comes off the price.

Re: Recommend a good independant kitchen planner/designer or a rough idea of what charge?

Hi thanks for that. Im going to give jenny a call. I have had some kitchen people out but they will only give you drawings if you give them a deposit and get the kitchen from them and although they may be great craftsmen They don't seem to have design flair. What I want is to pay somebody to design the kitchen with a bit of a wow factor and give me the drawings so I can then get quotes from the various kitchen suppliers.

Re: Recommend a good independant kitchen planner/designer or a rough idea of what charge?

Most kitchen designers will now charge a fee for the designs approx €100.Newcastle Design in wicklow are very professional and creative.But there are numerous designers around ,I spent lots of time looking around but really it came down to how helpfull they were.
(No interest in Newcastle)

As I'm not too sure about the rules on advertising, Can somebody clarify if I can recommend a friend for the job??