Recommend a dealer in Northern Ireland

slookie

Hi all. Hoping to head up this weekend to have a look. Am looking for a 06/07 Passat comfortline...either 1.9 or 2.0. Can anyone recommend a garage that they had a good experience with? Also is the 2.0 engine way better than the 1.9?

Hi slookie - I bought an 08 passat from Isaac Agnew in Belfast. Went for the 1.9 due to lower vrt. Very happy with the car. No affiliation to the garage.

Would you mind me asking what you paid for it, and if you got much off the asking price?

I bought my car from Donnelly Bros. I found them excellent to deal with. They have a number of sites but brought the car I was interested in from Derry to Dungannaon which was their nearest garage to me so I could view it. They even collected me from Monaghan to collect the car brought me to Armagh to pick up my payment draft and then on to Dungannon to pick up the car.

My brother bought a car from one of Charles Hursts garages, based in Belfast. From what I can remember he has a few on the same road.

Very happy with price, aftercare and delivery (They delivered from Belfast to Athlone)

Thanks for all the replies. Do ye have any idea what kind of money they paid? Their prices online plus the vrt seem to add up to more or less what you would pay here.

At the time, my brother paid €8k for a car that was costing €12k in numerous garages in the west and midlands.

Oh and the garage sorted the VRT out too, he didn't have to do anything.

Second hand prices in the UK and NI have risen even in the last couple of weeks so there is less price discrepancies now as to what there were, although some models will be always cheaper.

The second hand car market has picked up here considerably in ROI the past few weeks. Dealers are short good second hand stocks. I know of 5 people including myself, who have had their cars for sale for quite a while who have sold in the past 2 weeks.

Went up at weekend and went to Isaac Agnew in Belfast. He had one 06 Passat Sport with 40k on the clock. Asked me what my budget was and I told him €12k. He fiddled with the calculator, then turned it to me with €14,800 on the screen (best price)- including VRT. Thought it was an awful price...cheaper down here. Same craic..second hand prices have gone up blah blah..Didn't try anwhere else.