Recommend a B&B in Portlaoise?

coolaboola

Can anyone recommend a B&B in Portlaoise? I've to travel for work next week. I prefer B&B's to hotels (less impersonal) but if B&B's are thin on the ground I'b be happy with a hotel recommendation too :)

Ivyleigh House is just beside the train station and is supposed to be great, friend of mine stayed there and loved it, the breakfasts are supposed to be superb.

Ivyleigh House is just beside the train station and is supposed to be great, friend of mine stayed there and loved it, the breakfasts are supposed to be superb.

yea - I was at a wedding here (daughter of owner) and it was fantastic - beautifull house and the owners are lovely - great central location but still away from the noise of the town - nice grounds aswell

- Ive obviously met the owners but just the once - so no real affiliation !

The Gandon Inn is about 10 minutes from Portlaoise

It IS a Hotel, but I've stayed here a few times and love it. The owners and workers are very friendly and they do a great breakfast.

The King Size beds allow a great sleep and theres a petrol station/shop just beside it, so very handy.

The name of the area is Emo, but when visiting Laois I'd never stay anywhere else.

http://www.gandoninn.com/

Last edited:
Back