Recommend 2 week break (sun) in May (ex Cork or Shannon)

Plek Trum

Yes, hurrah my annual leave has been renewed and I am eager to plan my holiday (first day back.. !)

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a 2 week sun break in May. We wouldn't be interested in clubbing / pie and chips - more good beaches, nice restaurants, scenery etc. We have been to Spain and Portugal so somewhere new would be a welcome change.

Any recommendations would be great, also preferable if we could travel ex Cork or Shannon. Many thanks!

Croatia is lovely. Not overcrowded and the water is warm enough for swimming in late May.

I've heard great things about there alright - would it be hot in early to mid May do you know? Hoping for lots of sunbathing...

Croatia is lovely. Not overcrowded and the water is warm enough for swimming in late May.

Certainly nice part of the world but keep a distance from the city Split as its a grotty city IMO with a dirty port.

The Islands are very nice I have stayed regularly on Brac and its stunning. Dubrovnik is well worth a few days to soak up the atmosphere.

French Riviera or the Southern Atlantic coast in France is a nice area that I visit regulary.