recomend a waterford hotel

coleen

Hi
We are looking a staying in Waterford for a few days in july we hope to play a few rounds of golf and are looking at a deal that is €123 for 3 round 1 in mount juliet 1 in waterford castle and 1 in faithlegg so we are looking at booking a hotel that would be suitable and central to all 3 areas. I know faithlegg has a hotel but we felt we would like to be in a town centre so we could have a stroll around in the evening and have a few restaurants to chose from. I am looking at Athenaeum house hotel & fitzwilton hotel also tower hotel or the Granville can anyone recommend any of these or recommend any other place. We are looking for a place with parking and walking distance of a few pubs and restaurants in anice location .Would there be anyother place in Waterford that would have a nice town with a good hotel that would be close to the golfcourses ?

Hi Coleen

The Athenaeum is on the New Ross/Wexford side of Waterford - its just outside of the city but would be approx 30 mins walk to town.

The Fitzwilton looks nice, have never been in it myself but don't think there is parking. It is on the far side of the quay.

The Tower is on the other side of the quay - abit outdated at this stage in my opinion, there is a car park at the back and it is in a nice location, central for the Castle, Faithlegg etc.

The Granville is the most central, on the quay. There is parking opposite in the main car parks (not sure if hotel reimburse for parking). Lovely hotel and food in the restaurant is gorgeous.

Dooleys Hotel is also on the quay. Check out the Woodlands Hotel - its out the Dunmore Road, v. close to Faithlegg / Castle but you would have to get bus/taxi to town.

My recommendation is the Granville!

I stayed in the Fitzwilton for a night last winter and would recommend it strongly. It does have a car park, which is free for hotel residents. The car park is small enough but unless they're unusually busy you should be ok on that front.

Ah sorry, my mistake, didn't realise there was a car park!
Looks like a nice place from the exterior!

To my mind the Granville is the best hotel in Waterford.

It's the most central , the food is great and the bar is very welcoming and the rooms are well decorated and spacious.

The hotel comp the car park from 5 pm to 9am , there is another long stay car park just up the quay which is quite good value.

To my mind the Granville is the best hotel in Waterford.

It's the most central , the food is great and the bar is very welcoming and the rooms are well decorated and spacious.

The hotel comp the car park from 5 pm to 9am , there is another long stay car park just up the quay which is quite good value.

+1

We stayed there 2 weeks ago. Old style, lovely ambience and the restaurant is great. Public car park across the road - entrance opp. Dooleys Hotel €5 per day

Back