Received Free Credit and texts off Vodafone

Lorrie

Hi
About 3 weeks ago I received a text telling me Vodafone were giving me 400 free texts. Still using them. A few minutes ago I got a text telling me they just awarded me 10 euro credit on my phone. I have a ready to go and wouldn't use huge volumes of credit every month. Does anyone know on what grounds they allocate these rewards? As lots of my friends never receive anything? I know the network was playing up recently and perhaps its a gesture on their part? Am not complaining just curious.

Are you a Ready To Go customer? Did you buy a new handset and register it to receive €80 (8 months x €10) of "free" credit? Or perhaps somebody made a mistake and you are getting somebody else's "free" credit!? Don't know about the free texts though.

As ClubMan said, when you register online for RTG you are allocated an amount of free credit. They split this over a number of months at €10/month.

WRT the text message, they have recently started sending text messages alerting people that this registration credit has been applied. (They figured that it wasn't the cleverest idea not to shout from the rooftops about the free stuff!!)

As for the free texts, am not sure.

NOTE: OH works for VF.

HI no I didn't get a new handset - have same one for two years. Registered back then and got the standard free credit.
This text states "We added 10 euros FREE credit to your mobile yesterday. Go on make the most of it! Thanks for being with Vodafone".
The 400 texts free were great!

Lorrie said:
This text states "We added 10 euros FREE credit to your mobile yesterday. Go on make the most of it! Thanks for being with Vodafone".

Maybe they're just being nice?? :)

I got the same 10 euro free message this morning. I finished the 80 euro (10 a month#0 free about 2 months ago. I also got 150 off peak minutes free about 3 weeks ago. They are always sending me these. I'll look forward to the free texts so!

FTR, I only top up by about 40 euro a month/6 weeks so its not like I spend a fortune with them. My partner has the same RTG but never gets anything.

I used to work in VF, when you register as an RTG customer you are asked if you want to receive promotional material from VF, if you say no this automatically opts you out of such offers as free credit etc.

Back