Receipt for payment

roker

I paid by cheque this year sent to Limerick office. I was surprised to find that there is no acknowledgement of payment, how do I prove that I am up to date when I sell the house?

A cheque for what and to where?

Have you the cheque number and a bank statement showing said cheque was lodged/cashed?

He means the LPT - it's in the heading of the forum.

I pay by DD. I never thought of looking for a receipt. I get a letter from my bank when the payment is taken. Or something similar.

I paid by cheque this year

I thought cheques weren't being used any more. Rocker log onto your LPT account online and you will see if you are up to date with your psyments. You will require your PPS and pin number.

Last edited:
I think you can log into https://lpt.revenue.ie/lpt-web/views/login.html?execution=e1s1 to print confirmation. Might take a few days for the pin to reach you though if you don't have it already

I've looked in my files. I printed out such a document. In March of 2015, DD went out on the 13 April, it's a print out of confirmation that it's a Sepa DD authority and the amount. I didn't get around to 2016 yet as I am not doing my tax returns. But I have a letter from Revenue on 1 Mar 2016 saying I have opted for DD and it will go out on 21 March 2016 (I keep everything).

Ok now I looked up 2014. I printed out from the revenue website and it shows each year and band, payment method, lpt charge, interest penalties, total and a Paid column. That's what the OP needs.

You need your prsi no, your LPT no and a code. I got these by letter before. But recently I was dealing with this for someone else and I rang up and they gave it to me over the phone.

From the online website of revenue:

Section 126 of the Finance (Local Property Tax) Act 2012 (as amended) obliges a liable person who is selling a residential property to pay any local property tax (LPT), interest and penalties that are due in respect of the property before completion of the sale. To facilitate the conveyancing process, section 128 of this Act obliges the Revenue Commissioners to confirm to a liable person, or a person acting on his or her behalf in connection with the sale of the residential property, the amount of any unpaid local property tax, interest and penalties at the date of the sale or, alternatively, that there are no outstanding amounts payable. Any unpaid liability remains a charge on the property following the sale. The Revenue Commissioners are complying with the requirements of section 128 by making the necessary information available in electronic format.

To access this information you must obtain a Property Access Number (PAN). You can do this by clicking on the relevant button on the screen. You can then use your Property Access Number, in conjunction with the Property ID and your PPSN, to access the property history online screen in respect of the property being sold. While the Revenue Commissioners are precluded by data protection legislation from providing details of your LPT liability to third parties such as your Solicitor or the Solicitor acting for the purchaser of your property, you may choose to do so by providing these three numbers to such third parties to allow them to access the property history screen. Owners should advise any joint owners of their property that they have provided the PAN, along with the other numbers, to their solicitor/agent.

You should be aware that in providing a third party with the Property Access Number (Property ID and PPSN) you are effectively authorising him or her to access your LPT record. The purpose of such access is to facilitate the conveyance of the property by identifying any outstanding LPT liability that must be discharged before the completion of the sale to the satisfaction of the purchaser and his or her Solicitor.

The information available on the property history screen contains a summary report in respect of each year of the LPT liability, the amount paid, any balance outstanding and any interest or penalty, if relevant. As this information is accessed in electronic format it is capable of being down loaded or printed.

I paid by cheque this year sent to Limerick office. I was surprised to find that there is no acknowledgement of payment, how do I prove that I am up to date when I sell the house?

I had to deal with this today. There are no receipts. Instead you have to print out the 'property history details' page from the LPT online system. It will now run to two pages as it starts with Household charge, then each year, and balance due at zero is proof of payment and the print out is your 'receipt'. Funnily enough my accountant always insists I get everything on paper so I'm going to print this out each year so I have it. I don't trust computer system to be there in the same formata forever (and I'm going to do a thread on the nightmare of NPPR - where you were resident - and no liable)

When you print, you need to change it to 'landscape'.

Back