Recdipe for these leftovers?

funnymunny

I had to make room in the freezer today and took out a pack of hot dog rolls. I also have some apples and pears that are getting over ripe and wondered if there is anything I could make with these left overs. I had though of bread and butter pudding, but are those soft white rolls suitable. I am going to stew down the fruit and freeze some for my baby who I am currently weaning, but there will be a good bit left over.

Alternatively, is there a website where you can enter ingredients and it would generate some receipes.

Thanks.

Last edited:
dunk the rolls in egg and fry them and serve with salad.
make some apple and pears oat flake crumble - peal them, slice them thinly, mix with some sugar, a bit of lemon zest and juice and cinnamon and nutmeg, spread evenly in a buttered pyrex dish, cover with oat flakes crumble /oat flakes mixed with cold butter and sugar/ and bake for about 35 minutes, great instead of muesli.

I like www.lovefoodhatewaste.com has recipes, storgae tips to prolong the life of things, and also a facility, for example if you want ideas for those apples, you can ask if for all the recipes for that ingredient

Back