Reccomend hotel & area Berlin late June 2 kids 10 & 14

Slaphead

Hi, i've searched through the old threads but the good ones seem to be 3-4 yrs old with links that dont work, and a lot can change in that time, ie quality of a hotel.

Anyway weve booked flights and plan on 4 days in Berlin late July, 2 adults & 2 kids, now just looking for a reccomendation for a hotel and area, anyone got any tips.

We stayed in the Mark Hotel just off Kurfurstendamm (the main shopping street) the hotel is nice, clean, good breakfast. Basic but a good base.

Area is busy during the day, plenty of U-bahn stations, city tour buses stop at the top of the road. Quiet at night though which if you have kids might not be a big deal. Plenty of restaurants but not many bars.

The food court in the Ka-De-We shopping centre is a must if your like you food.

Berlin is a brilliant city with tons and tons of history and I'm sure you'll have an excellent time.

Soubds good and im definitely into my food so ill definitely be heading there, what was it like pricewise?

I used http://www.visitberlin.de/en/plan when I went to Berlin. I rang them and they couldn't have been more helpful & informative. I stayed in Nollendorfplaz which is a little out of town, but beside the U bahn. You're better near Kurfurstendam or Tiergarden (Zoo). If you want to do a cheap bus tour, pick up the 100 city bus near the Brandenburg gate, it does the major sites. Don't miss the Pergoman museum, and the district of Charlelottenburg is nice for a stroll etc.

We stayed in the Mark Hotel just off Kurfurstendamm (the main shopping street) the hotel is nice, clean, good breakfast. Basic but a good base.

I booked this after, €97 night for the 4 of us in an appt. Location seems great after i looked it up. Breakfast was an additional €16/adult, kids free so i think ill skip that, plenty of alternatives around apparently. Looking forward to it now, 4 days in berlin then 5 in prague