Reccomend a new laptop for a technophobe, please...

Darthvadar

Have decided to buy myself a Birthday present of a new laptop... Have always had problems with my present computer's (Toshiba) power cable... I've gone through several, and they always fail at a difficult time.... I also realise that it's probably time to get a good computer....

I've two GB of memory at the moment... I use it for email, browsing, forum contact, and storing my I Pod's tracks on... Don't know if I need extra memory... I'd really like to use Skype, so a built-in WebCam would be nice...

I'm very much a technaphobe, and don't know if I need extra memory... Should I have a little extra this time 'just in case'???...

My fine motor skills and sight aren't great either due to disability, so something easily handled with a decent sized screen would be a plus....

Present laptop doesn't have Word on it... Drives me crazy to have to go to a desktop to open a Word document... Word's a must this time!...

I occasionally watch TV programmes I've missed on RTE Player...

So those are my needs... I'd appreciate it if anyone could suggest a laptop for me...

Thank you in advance...

Darth...

Last edited:
It depends on how much you want to spend really. would suffice for what you've described (assuming a 15.6' screen is big enough for you). You can download/install Open Office 3.1 for free; for general use i find it just as good as MS Office.

Thanks Michaelm.....

Much appreciated..... I'm prepared to go to about €800 if it's worth my while....

I'm just such a technaphobe, I need to gather every bit of advice I can get!....

Darth....