rebuilding on site

rosemartin

looking for finincial ideas on how to finance a rebuild. have in for planning permission for extension and intead to re jig the house although i am waiting for quotes from builders i fear even with current prices. it is too much.

my main residence have mortgage of 140,000 with 18yrs to go it would sell for between 220,000 to 240,000 at present if got a buyer.

have rented house which is up for sale, would sell for between 120,000 to 130,000 with 77,000 of mortgage to pay off. no captial gains as selling under purchase price.have it a good few years so would be happy with 40,000 in pocket.

love the site and area we are in our main residence we took over and it was half finished and the bulder turned out to be a cowboy so we have a few problems but nothing serious.

would love to bulldose the house and start again on this site .

my bottom line is i want a smaller mortgage over shorter period and live in new house where we are now. am i living in a dream world or have any posters have any idea how i could finance this without putting myself under pressure.

am currently on .75 tracker which i know will not get ever again paying 800euro a month joint mortgage with wife. both working in public sector having been screwed by government and i suppose more cuts to come

Back