Rebuilding Ireland Loan

From the link you posted:

Continuous employment does not need to be permanent, but continuous in nature. This means you may be in the same employment or in more than one employment for that period, where a break in employment has lasted no more than 4 weeks.

So, if your few weeks is 4 or less, you are fine. If it is more than that, you would need to ring the relevant council and ask them.

The whole point of the pandemic payment is to maintain the link between employee and employer so it would not make any sense for it to be seen as a break in employment.

The whole point of the pandemic payment is to maintain the link between employee and employer so it would not make any sense for it to be seen as a break in employment.

Well I did technically receive a tlo with Covid19 as the reason in the document not wage subsidy. They didn't want to but when this happened their usually overly protective standard of health and safety was seeing ghosts everywhere and our offices had no social distancing. I didn't want to claim holiday pay. I was prepared to gift it back to my employer if he needed it to stay afloat.
I received 2 weeks of 350 euro from the state. Ive been basically 'permanent' since almost 2 years ago.
And I'm now back at work. And I'm very lucky to be back. I beat the odds at my company where hundreds are still laid off

Back