Reault Scenic shuddering

ailbhe

Hey all. I have a 00 scenic, 1.6 petrol with 54k miles in the clock. I was away for a week and the first time I started the car it got up to about 5 miles in 1st gear and car shuddered, moved it up to 2nd, stopped shuddering til I got up to about 10mph and started shuddering again. I eventually got it into 4th and was crawling along while the car shuddered. Then all of a sudden something kicked in and car was perfect. Happened again when I started the car to go home. Car was fine all week but shuddered again this morning.

The shuddering feels like when you are in too high a gear for the speed you are travelling but I know it's not that as it happened when I was in first and second.

What needs doing?? And will it be expensive? Also, how urgent is it as I need to get the timing belt done at 58k miles. Was hoping to get another few months out of it before I do that. It's due it's NCT next month too so have to get it serviced before that.

Google 'Renault pencil coils', easy to fix but driving on 3 cylinders will destroy the cat. Which will set you back a good few bob to fix.

yeah,i had the same problem with 05 scenic,got it fixed under warrenty,should have been a recall,but they just fix them as they break down,its quite frightening when it happens as your driving,your power suddenly goes.

Back