Reasonable Stone Supplier???

kilbird

I am looking for stone for bay windows in a new build - sandstone - and have been getting varying prices etc. Anyone recommend some suppliers in the Leinster area that won't rob me!!!

Most sandstone comes from Donegal area so you will probably get the best price there. I'm not sure if we can add supplier names so just in case I wont add same at this stage.

as far as i am aware, it is fine to add company names as long as you are not associated with them and say as such in your post..... something along the lines of "No association apart from being a customer". (A more experienced member may correct me on this) I too will be looking for stone sills so am interested to know where to get them

Was in Manor Stone and have a nice show yard - instead of looking at a pile of stone on a pallet they have walls made up etc....and they have been really prompt in getting abck to me with prices etc..anybody else I have been on to have been so slow in getting back to me....

The main sanstone supplier and manufacturer in Ireland is mcmonagle & sons in mountcharles, co. donegal. They have there own quarries and and manufacturing facilities as well as a display area.
"No association apart from being a customer".

I came across these guys at modern homes show in The Hub, Kilkenny - No connection of any kind, just liked what I saw. The details from their business card is : R & A Granite Dev Ltd, Church Hill, Cuffesgrange, Co Kilkenny 056 7729774 or 086 1597274 [broken link removed]

I know when we bought sandstone for a fireplace we bought it in a quarry in Ballypatrick, Co Tipperary, some was on display on the side of the road for sale between Grangemockler and Clonmel and we were very pleased with it. It dries out a lovely colour.

Back