Rear Washer not working

stefg

can edit posts
Hi,

The rear windscreen washer on my car stopped working the other day, anyone got any suggestions how I might fix it?

The washer was working fine but when the washer tank ran empty from use, I didn't get a chance to refill it it for a day or two. When I refilled it, the rear washer wouldn't spray (the front washer is still working though). I can hear the washer motor going when I press it but nothing is happening. Also there are no obvious blockages on the rear washer jet.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions how to fix this, would rather not go to the garage if it's something very simple,

Thanks,
Stef

The tube may have come loose-it is easier to get at this on some cars than it is on others.

The other possibility is that the nozzle is clogged-try unblocking it with a needle/pin.

In some cars there is a separate water tank for the rear washer. Usually in the wheel vents behind the interior padding. You should see this in the manual.

Thanks for the responses,

CCOVICH, If the tube has come lose, then I guess I should be able to see a spash of water under the car when I try the washer, would you think the same?

BrenG, I don't think there is a second tank, but I double check.

Use a fine needle to unblock the jet.

Chances are this is your issue.

If you can hear the pump running it could be that the pipe is empty, run it for 20 - 30 seconds.

Back