Rear Opening Letter Box Needed

woods

Does anyone know where I can buy one or do I have to have it fabricated.

You mean one that opens out rather than in? I thought that these were available off the shelf in most DIY stores? Or are they external draught excluded flaps for regular letterboxes or something?

I want one to mount in the garden wall so that we can remove the post without going out to the road. The wall is being built right now so if I could get one ready made it would be great.
I have seen a really nice stainless steel one and can probably have one made like it but was hoping that someone knows of someone who already sells them.

Sorry checked with Mrs Dinjoe she says we got ours a few years ago and they don,t do them anymore.They are available at "postbox solutions "on the net price is £38

There are several shops that sell these boxes. Depending on the shop you go to, the price will vary considerably. (for the exact same model).
However the last time I recommended a shop on the forum I received a warning not to "spam". SO at the risk of getting into trouble.......go to mary street in dublin, there is a shop there that sells letterboxes and then before purchasing go accross to caple street to a hardware shop where you will find the same product for sale. Compare prices and coloring and make your decision. BTW, I do not work for or have any association with any shop in Mary street or caple street.!!!!!

Any of the architectural ironmongers in Dublin (including those two outlets already hinted at) will stock these; if you go direct to an architectural ironmongers you will most likely be able to order one to suit your exact requirements (size, colour etc).

I purchased a single sided cast Aluminium one in McDonaghs Galway for about 230euro. They had double sided ones there also @ about 270euro. These are much better quality than the "pea can" metal type ones in most DIY stores which sell for maybe 50euro. They're also large enough to take an A4 size envelope on its long side. Made in Hungary. There is a sticker on the inside with company name which I can forward here if required.