Reapplying for a SEIA grant

L

Ladder22

Hi

Has anyone experience of not (beginning &) completing their works before the 6 month grant period elapses? I got approved for a grant earlier in the year, but unfortunaltey have not been able to commence the works within the 6 months.

I rang the SEIA. The woman I spoke to told me if I hadn't commenced the work that I could cancel the grant, reapply (quickly) and I should be given another 6 months.

I'm a bit concerned it might not be as simple as that or that there may be some catch to being reapproved for a grant a second time given the current financial climate.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

The rates have been reduced recently, so if you reapply, that will be for the new rates.

This is a common occurence and no problem whatsoever. The only downside is exactly what Circle has said, you will only obtain the new lower grant, unless it is solar that you are installing. Then, you will have meet new criteria of Part L 2008 Building Regs by producing 10kWh/m2/annum from a renewable source, i.e. solar. To do this, you will be installing a far larger system than anticipated or that you will require.

The grant approval process is applied for on-line and you should receive instant confirmation of approval.