really nice wood effect upvc windows?

gooner

looking for some wood effect upvc windows,whic are as natural looking as possible.anyone found any that are worthy of the "natural look" tag?

mmmm, my own take on this is that if selecting a brown finish, you should consider a uPVC that is also brown underneath. The grain is usually just a film applied to the outside. I've heard that at joints, if it's not perfect, or if it shrinks, the underlying uPVC becomes visible. If it's white, you'll see......er, white !

OTH, do you want wood colour on the inside too??

I got grey wood-grain outside, white inside, from T.J. O'Grady's in Co Mayo - they were the only people who would do what I wanted.

p.s., oh, and you don't want Swedex !!

I think light oak pvc windows and doors look well they seem to be getting more popular.

Good Luck ;)

I've got Golden Oak uPVC alongside Iroko front door and Iroko side window. They are a good match and visitors having seen the front door up close coming in assume the windows are also solid wood.

Even on close inspection people take a minute to be convinced they are actually uPVC. On one hand it disappoints me that someone can't spot an obvious uPVC window but the other if they can fool the average punter then fair enough.

In the long run I would be anxious as galwaytt pointed out about peeling but it is a film on brown frames, but 7 years later there is little evidence of any peeling.

sorry I haven't got a high resolution pic
[broken link removed]

What part of the country are u in? Im in County Waterford and I am having my windows fitted on Wednesday, I am getting Ash uPVC. They look great, they are only on the market since november 06. U should try looking into them, the only company that has them around here is Deise Glazing. Nobody else has them yet.

Back