realistically how long to move in

mummol

Windows will be in in 2 weeks time. Extra insulation being pumped in day after. And weather allowing plasterer on board then. We are self building but lucky to have a good team of tradesmen onboard who work together alot.

We have all our decisions made re kitchen, doors, tiles, even painting colours and the tradesmen lined up to come in. Realistically how much longer till we're in? As we are in rent and mortage and fun childcare costs territory the sooner the better and house does not have to be perfect!

Conservative estimate for a selfbuild 18 weeks depending on if you want the house fully finished when you move in or not. Its only now that things start to slow up even if you have everything lined up!

Thanks for that Jollyman!

We have alot of our own furniture. Trying to keep it simple as am happy to have a few projectes for next year.

Same floor provider is doing all the timber floors and is eager for work,
I do our plumbers tax returns so its in his interests not to let us down,
kitchen man is honest hardworker guy who is low on bs scale,
we've applied and paid for the leckie with esb; they are my biggest fear!

Im not too far ahead of you at the moment, have just completed plastering inside and out took 5 weeks its a big house though, plumber was supposed to move in this morning but no sign as of yet! Second fix electrics and carpentry to be done and painting house will need at least three weeks to dry out! Exernal landscaping footpaths drainage and driveway esb connections get power in so we can have heat for the timber! Furnish tile sanitary ware i was hoping six weeks but it is slowly slipping.!!!

This weather is a killer! When you type it that way it certainly gets daunting!

I've heard scary stuff about plumbers delaying finishes. Could test your moniker!

Our windows went in 1st week of April. At internal plastering stage now on steel frame house. Hope to be in by the end of September

Back