Ready to go phone in New York

noddy

Will a voda phone ready to go work in new york. The phone is a nokia 5100. I just want it for texting.If it works are the texts dear. Thanks.

I don't think RTG will work in the USA. You may need a bill pay phone. Call Vodafone; they will let you know

The 5100 is a triband so should work ok in the USA. Text messages would cost about 60-70c per text. It is the calls which are expensive (something like €1.50/min)

I was in new york last weekend, rtg 087, i texted their roam usa number and it said no service in US. Yet when i got there iit worked - go figure

Thanks for your advice, redchariot & pc7. Mrs noddy is going on friday so i will let you know how she gets on. Thanks again.

I used an RTG O2 in New York without any problem, so RTG do work in the USA.
I think Vodafone RTG works as well, but not 100% sure.

Thanks bacchus and clubman for your replys.I always like to get the members personal experiences. Thanks

clubman when you text roam USA to vodafones roam number it comes back that there is no rtg service there, yet when i got there mine worked?

vod dont advertise that rtg works in the us however there have been cases where it has worked however because they dont advertise it they wont guarantee costs or wether it will work or not, o2 speakeasy does work so you wont have any problem with them, and they advertise costs on their website, meteor will work to but you have to go to a meteor store give them a weeks notice or either top up by 60 euro or register a credit card with them, and plus you can keep your no and move to o2 or meteor

Back