Re: things to do in cork

hizzy

Hi all

My sister and her two kids are coming to visit me in cork, sept 22nd for a week, the kids are aged 2 1/2 and 6 months, as I don't know cork to well, just wondering if anyone could recommend things to do please.

Thanks

Hizzy

You could take them to [broken link removed] it's bout 20 mins drive outside Cork City on Kinsale Rd.

Just to correct the last poster Fota wildlife Park is on the Cobh road not Kinsale. You can also get there by train which is a nice day out.

The Cork City Gaol and the open top bus tour of the city are both recommended as is a visit to Shandon Steeple. If you climb to the top you'll get a great view of the city.

theres also

http://www.monkeymaze.ie/

just outside the city about 2 miles on the east/dublin side. Everyone I've heard from says its great.

altho sorry, just saw kids ages...probably not a good idea, sorry, too young

There's also Chuckies playzone in the Doughcloyne industrial estate - next door to Arramount - or Lumpyland on the ringaskiddy road, it's in a small business park down there. If it's raining. Both are suitable for small kids, Lumpyland probably a bit more so.

Take the kids to The Lough. It is near (south of )UCC and Barrack Street. It is a wild life reserve. Lots of friendly ducks swans etc. bring bread to feed the birds.

Fitzgeralds Park is nice. It is very near Jury's hotel on the Western Road.

Take the train to Cobh. This train can be used to get to Fota Wild life park also.

Do you honestly think it's a good idea to take a 2.5 year & 6 mth old to a Soccer match ?
If you fancy some shopping, maybe on a wet day, head along to Mahon Point, there's covered parking so no problem unloading the kids. The food court on the second level has all the usual fast food outlets (if thats your thing) and for the 2.5 year old there is a "soft" play area (up stairs in the food court) that the smallies seem to love and the best part "no charge".

Hi all

Thanks for the suggestions, have some good places to go now, thanks again.

PS. might pass on the football match though