Re-record phone greeting

Ash

I have a Nokia mobile phone. I don't know the model number but it is over five years old, give or take. It's pretty basic, no camera but has radio and internet connectivity so it is not a complete dinosaur. It works for me and that's all I need.

What I want to do is change the personal voice greeting. It was put on years ago but I can't remember how and now I can't find any setting in the menu which seems to refer to it.

How can I find out what model number phone it is? I might find an operating manual online somewhere to help then.

Is it possible I had to phone the phone to set up the voice greeting?

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be welcome. :)

The model no. should be printed under the back cover somewhere near the battery or sim.

Do you mean voicemail supplied by the mobile phone providers? I know that Vodafone and O2 allow you to change your greeting by calling 172 and following the instructions.

Usually to change your greeting you just dial whatever number you use (probably 171) to access your voicemail, get to the main menu & you should get an option something like 'to change your greeting press x'.

Entering *#0000# into the keypad might give you the phone and model number... last line is phone and model..

You want to be careful enough entering codes like this, as one code will force a reset to factory defaults..

Re-recording the message should be easy, just dial 171 and follow the prompts...

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll try those and see what happens.

I appreciate all the suggestions, thanks.

Back