Re: New Kitchen from Profile Kitchens.

K

KTS

Hello all,
I've been looking through the posts regarding installation of new kitchens and wanted to ask feedback about a specific quote I received. We're completely doing up our kitchen -- including installing new units, worktops, changing our french doors, installation of lighting (including under cabinet lighting), sockets and also getting some appliances (gas hob, two single ovens, dishwasher and extractor). We're thinking of going with granite worktops -- I know that adds massively to the price. Our kitchen is quite long -- 20 ft by 8 ft.

We received one quote of €30,000 and one of €25,500. Does this seem reasonable for the amount of work we're getting?

Also, has anyone had experience of Profile Kitchens in North County Dublin and if so, what are they like?

Hi KTS,

Welcome to AAM.

I felt it best to move your post to a new thread as I feel you might get more replies this way.

It seems like a lot of money but as you say there is a lot involved including the expensive granite worktops. You don't confirm if the company are supplying the machines or if you will need to do so?

HI

I am an Interior designer and have designed lots of kitchens in many differents styles and to many budgets. Kitchens can range from anything from 5000 upwards.The kitchen you were quoted for 25,000 is that to the complete finished product or will plumbers, tilers , electricans and painters all be extras. Will it be in a High gloss ,Painted , p.v.c,solid wood or a veneer wood door.Questions you really need to ask the supplier.?
Granite work tops can really make a kitchen but they do push up the price.My advice to you is to shop around pick all there brains and ideas and dont always go for the cheapest but get the kichen you really want.A kitchen can very easily cost 25,000 but do make sure that it is good quaility.
One tip change sockets and switches to brushed chrome ,really looks fab!

Hi

We also have a large kitchen, lots of presses including 2 put out tall presses. We were quoted 12.5 for walnut solid, 4 for granite and then all our appliances on top of that. We are putting the hob in the island.
As granville said go with the chrome sockets and switches to finish it off. We are waiting on a price for pvc walnut, a nicer looking kitchen than the solid one as its medium in colour.
As was said before you can pay any amount you want for a kitchen, its your budget that matters.