RE-Mortgage or borrow from credit union? Help Please

B

Broken

I have a mortgage with PTSB for approx 23K which will finish in 3 years time, my repayments are currently 470 per month. I want to borrow about 30K, would it make better financial sense to remortgage from PTSB or switch to another lender, I would like a short term loan over about 5 or 7 years so that both my current mortgage and the new loan will be finished then, would I incurr penalty charges if I switched to another lender, or should I borrow the 30K from the credit union which would be over 10 years term?
Can you recommend what I should do, do you know of a lender that offer good short term interest rates.
Thankyou.

Then shop around for the best rate/deal for your circumstances.
would I incurr penalty charges if I switched to another lender
Only if you are breaking a fixed rate agreement early.
or should I borrow the 30K from the credit union which would be over 10 years term?
At what rate? Can't imagine that it would be cheaper than mortgage rates and you will probably have to have money on deposit/in shares while borrowing which increases the effective cost.
Can you recommend what I should do, do you know of a lender that offer good short term interest rates.
Most lenders will allow you to pay a topup off over a shorter term than, say, decades. Shop around.