re-loacting to Dubai

fbmpw

Seriously considering moving to Dubai, anyone any comments regarding Dubai ?

• Cost of living
  • Local Customs
  • Nightlife/General social scene
  • Weather tolerance

If youre a single girl/lady invest in a yashmak and some black muslim clothes to blend in. Social life a bit curtailed also.

I travelled to Dubai in early 2003. Amazing architecture and apparently there is a lot of money to be made there - I read recently that 70% of the worlds construction cranes are there at the moment. The cost of living was very reasonable at the time. It seemed that everyone spoke english; superb service, tourism is very important to the area and they take good care of visitors. There is a large irish pub there called the Irish Village which is great - regular live acts, etc. The Burj Al Arab (spectacular hotel) has a bar near the top from where you can view all the construction activity taking place as they build the "Palm islands". I met a lot of irish people there who had been living in the area for a number of years and they seemed very happy with it. Ladies don't have to be covered up - it is very "westernised". Weather wise I was there in Feb and it was warm - around high twenties, very pleasant.