Re fridge freezers

hiol

Hi
Can anyone recommend a good fridge freezer to buy?
Also what is the best make to buy
I would prefer a frost free model
Thanks for any advice

Bought Hotpoint frostfree "Mistral" fridge freezer about 5 years ago. Pale almond colour. Absolutely trouble free - still going stong and looking very good. Recommend it.

Having new kitchen installed shortly - going for integrated units so hate having to part with it. It'll be in the Buy & Sell next month.

Liebher is a very good brand which is not very well known outside the trade - as well as making their own FF's they also make them for Miele too

We have Liebherr and it is great, expensive but I know it will last.

I can recommend the Hotpoint FF200 for around €420 in Dixons.
It's got a large capacity - 7.2 cubic feet fridge, 3.9 cubic feet freezer in 4 spacious drawers.
Frost free.
Includes a big fruit and veg drawer which somehow keeps fruit and veg fresh for ages. I just ate a plum that has been in there for nearly 3 weeks and it's nearly as fresh as the day I bought it!
A great feature that I didn't realise it had, until a week after buying it is a beeping noise to alert you that you've left the fridge door or the freezer door ajar. It activates after around 60 seconds and it's loud enough to hear in another room but not too loud that'll wake the whole house.

My mum is looking for one of those fridges that makes the noise as my absent minded father keeps leaving it open and defrosting everything!
Any chance you know what width the fridge is as she wants something slightly smaller than the standard 600mm wide ones??

It's 600mm.
I wouldn't know which smaller models have this feature because it was never mentioned in any of the specifications I saw for the model I bought, neither online or in the Dixons store where I bought it.
All my kitchen appliances beep - the dishwasher, the washing machine, the oven, the microwave, the fridge-freezer. Very handy feature.

Joe when did you get your fridge in Dixons? Same model is over 700 in PowerCity.

We purchased an integrated neff frost free fridge freezer last year.

Works a treat but it could do with more fridge and less freezer although there may be different options 60:40 70:30 available now.

EDIT:
The Freezer beeps if you leave it open .... but again it beeps after about 15 seconds as opposed to say 30 seconds.