Re-employment post public sector redundancy

partnership

Has anyone managed to get a job in a semi state or other sector of public services after they have availed of voluntary redundancy and the time period has lapsed? Does it really need the minister to approve it?

Hi Partnership, The timescale between jobs in the CS/PS has long gone. It was hardly worth the paper on which it was written. For those looking in and wondering what I am talking about. Some years ago there was an "edict" that anybody in the PS/CS availing of voluntary redundancy had to wait a specific number of years before applying for another job in the CS/PS. That probably sounds crazy to any forward thinking reader here and the reason is that it was crazy. There is nothing stopping anybody leaving a CS/PS job today and getting another job in another government department tomorrow.

Hi Partnership, The timescale between jobs in the CS/PS has long gone. It was hardly worth the paper on which it was written. For those looking in and wondering what I am talking about. Some years ago there was an "edict" that anybody in the PS/CS availing of voluntary redundancy had to wait a specific number of years before applying for another job in the CS/PS. That probably sounds crazy to any forward thinking reader here and the reason is that it was crazy. There is nothing stopping anybody leaving a CS/PS job today and getting another job in another government department tomorrow.
Thanks but have looked at jobs with dubtlin airport and citizen information and both mention that someone who has availed of redundancy must show their period has expired.

Thanks but have looked at jobs with dubtlin airport and citizen information and both mention that someone who has availed of redundancy must show their period has expired.
This info there is outdated; just ignore.

We have re employed 2 voluntary redundancy workers. Both had satisfied the 7 year conditions.

I didn't offer one person when it transpired they availed of a vol redundancy.

The redundancies were in the HSE.

When you say re-employed was it with hse or another part of public sector. Did you have to get permission or not?

They were all HSE. The two I hired were upfront as they were gone over the seven years

The one I didn't hire only became apparent when we were working out her point of scale. Her service letter confirmed she availed of vol redundancy as the reason for leaving.

Back