Ray D'Arcy Show

RMCF

I noticed something about Ray a few weeks back and now it really gets on my nerves.

He's grand when he is just chatting (as much as any waffling DJ can be) but when he's the worst reader I've heard on radio. When he has to read anything out he turns into a 7 year old and just can't seem to manage it. He ... always ... leaves ... a gap .... between ... each ... word ...

You can even tell when he reaches the end of the line and has to shift down onto the next one.

Listen out for it!!!

Maybe he's slightly dyslexic ? Maybe the stuff he reads out is hand written by someone with bad writing ?

I'd still prefer him to the majority of other 'DeeJays' on Irish radio.

Have to say I enjoy his show and it is much better then anything else on RTE at that time, and way better then a certain show on Today FM on after the Ray D'Arcy show

I don't normally listen to Lyric FM but if you are a music fan, I have to recommend John Kelly in the afternoon. Stumbled on to it on Wednesday when in the car, he played a couple of "standard" classical pieces, followed by 2 guitarists playing a version of Rhapsody in Blue, then some Lou Reid and then a Norwegian singer with a version of "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. Sounds weird but it was the best hour I've heard on the radio in ages

Maybe he's slightly dyslexic ? Maybe the stuff he reads out is hand written by someone with bad writing ?

I'd still prefer him to the majority of other 'DeeJays' on Irish radio.

Don't think you can blame other peoples handwriting - I get the feeling he is reading a lot of his stuff off the net - especially on Fix It Friday.

As for him as a DJ in general, I am starting to go off his show. Too much chat and not enough music. And its getting worse.

Agree nowhere near as bad as that Foley git and his cronies. They are the worst radio show I have heard anywhere in a long time, but I've ranted about that before so won't start again.

Mpsox, thanks for the recommendation - might check out that show sometime.

Does anyone remember Karl Issigonis (sp?) that used to have a show on Sundays on Today FM. "The River of Soul" I think it was called. Made my weekly 2 hour drive a really enjoyable experience. Is there anything like it on any more ?

Does anyone remember Karl Issigonis (sp?) that used to have a show on Sundays on Today FM. "The River of Soul" I think it was called. Made my weekly 2 hour drive a really enjoyable experience. Is there anything like it on any more ?

Quality show.

+1

I can't recall the spelling of his name, but it begins with 'Tsig ..'. AFAIK his day job is as a motoring journalist.

He was on Talking History on Newstalk last week, or the week before, about the history of Motown, or some similar topic involving music from the 60s & 70s.

Found [broken link removed]

He used to write in Drive magazine and appear on Drive (Irish version of Top Gear) on RTE a few years ago.

Nice guy too.

RTE used to have "The Metal Show" - John Kenny
& I think it was also 2FM which had "Dad Rock" - metal show very curates egg like!, Dad Rock was a good solid listen, both used to be Sunday evening shows.

Anyone with any interest in sport should listen to Off the Ball on Newstalk, its great coverage and plenty of craic with it. 7-10pm weeknights