Rattle coming from engine????

lizabbey7

I was wondering could anyone help, there is quite a loud rattle coming from my engine, checked exhaust first thought it might be loose but its not, its really bad when not moving??? Im booked in for a service on friday but would likt to know what it could be before I bring it in, car is a suzuki jimny 1.3 2005 70,000km

Get it checked - it could be the timing chain needs adjusting.

Does the rattle sound like it's coming from under the bonnet itself?

cannot pinpoint where its coming from, it started friday evening shortly after I went over a ramp thats why I thought it might have been the exhaust first, its quite loud when i start the car and when im driving slow

have you checked the oil level, i had something similar happen to me albeit with different car just before a service also. sometimes when engines get low on oil it becomes tapety i.e the tappets in the engine can be heard. i checked oil level found it had dropped, was fine after a top up.

hope yours is an easy fix

it could be a number of things, but if noise loudest when stationary, i.e when drive is not connected and it came on suddenly, could be something small like a stone lodged and rattling around under your bash plates (4X4 engine and drive protection armour), the stationary vibration causing stone to jump about.

If your garage is honest, there shoulnt be a problem. If not bring a fella down with you when dropping jeep in.

thanks for replies, brought it to garage to get checked out and it turns out to be the drive shaft pulley, so at least its not as big a job as timing belt, have to wait on part, anyone know how this will cost labour shold be 2 hours???

lizabbey7 tb replacement in your car is max 100 euro. shouldn't be more.
and what is the story with the pulley? is that the same problem?
regards Jar

Back