Ratoath?

I'm from near there. Used to be a one donkey village now it's grown alot which I think is an improvement. It's a nice part of the countryside and very handy for Dublin but there are traffic problems and fairly poor public transport. I believe they are working on a bypass.
I think the houses in Milltree have a lovely layout but like most new houses tiny gardens.
There is a deli and a nice supervalu. The pubs aren't bad, there's schools, a totally overrated steak house, a theatre, takeaways.
It's a good mix socially, not rough not posh, though I heard it has the most wealth after Malahide.
There are previous discussions well worth searching for.

Hi,

We have lived in Ratoath for 4 1/2 years and love it.

I work in the city centre and the most it takes me to drive using the N2 is an hour tops. Public transport is getting better with a new express service from the village to the city due to start mid-year. The nite-link serves the village too.

Traffic in the village can be busy as it is used a route into the city.

2 primary schools both with good reputations. one secondary school.

3 pubs and the GAA club house, a Chinese, and 2 Italians( one excellent and one not so good), a steak house( but overrated) and a bistro.

Takeaways - 2 chinese, 1 indian, 1 pizza and a chipper.

Bank of Ireland have opened a branch in the last few months.

Super Valu, Tesco convience, Spar and shop in a filing station.

4 creches.

Playground will be built in the Steeplechase estate.

GAA, Rugby, soccer.

Schools have a good range of after school activities on offer - music, language lessons etc.

Community centre has a threatre and there is usually something on.

Houses are a decent size but gardens in newer builds, last 5 years, are small, some of the older developments have bigger gardens.

Most of the estates have well established resident associations.

More shops have opened over the last 18mths.

Good mix of people, per the last census - highest % population under 14 and most wealthy after Malahide & Glastule.

We really like living here and if we do move it will be within the village.

Hope that helps.