Rationel Doors

Newbie!

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used Rationel doors before? If so, how did you find them?

thanks,

Yes, and very well!

We've had one for about six years now as a back door (mainly glass). Very happy with it: still looks good, no problems. Can't say much more then that really!

Thats great thanks.

Just out of curiousity did you get someone you knew to fit it? We dont ahve anyone and the company that rationel recommend havent been returning my calls so not the best start!

Thats great thanks.

Just out of curiousity did you get someone you knew to fit it? We dont ahve anyone and the company that rationel recommend havent been returning my calls so not the best start!

Check out my (2nd) post in the thread: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=51344

The original door was ordered by me based on measurements provided by my builder who was supposed to fit it. As it didn't fit, it never was fitted, and as it was a particularly odd custom size had no value.

We then found someone who knew what they were doing (based on recommendation) they measured up and subsequently fitted the replacement door (and three windows). They did a good job. Unfortunatley I can't recall his name. I'd ask around if I were you, and I'd be inclined not to use anyone who doesn't return calls. If they can't return a call when there's a sale in prospect, it doesn't inspire confidence on how they'd respond to any other type of call.....

I'd make sure whoever you use has fitted Rationel doors before, and you speak with someone they've done work for first. If they can't/won't supply references, walk away.

A little hint, before you build/knockout your opening ring Rationel and
ask them what windows they have pre-made/leftover/returned in
stock? you'll get the windows cheaper and you'll have no lead
time which for Rationel tendes to be longer than the others.

thanks for all the advice guys. Fitter was recommended by Rationel unfortunately! Will defo call them about doors already in-stock.

thanks again.

Hi,

I contacted Rationel about getting 3 doors before Xmas. I found them hard to deal with so I gave up - poor customer service from the start so I decided that it was better to try elsewhere. Eventually got my doors from Carlson. Great Doors and I found them very good and efficient to deal with. 10 year warranty with the doors.

Regards,

Back