Rathfarnham - Whitechurch Area, what is it like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ricardo

Hi All,

I really want to get a place near the city but also near a park area like Marley Park, Rathfarnham seems like a good bet and i have found some houses that i may just about be able to afford..or rather live with painfully. However i showed them to a colleague recently who told me to steer clear as the area was very rough... Any comments or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ricardo

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lots of Rathfarnham snobs on here (or is it from Ballyroan / living in Firhouse now)

The price reflects the area - not as nice as Terenure not as bad as Tallaght - you pay your money and get on with it.

derryman... thats a load of cr*p.....
Whitechurch has an extremely bad reputation and is the worst area in Rathfarnham imo. I agree with most of the other posts in the previous thread. And just for the record I am not a "Rathfarnham snob"

polo1

Do you actually live there? If you don't I would suggest that it is an unfounded allegation. I speak as a resident of nine years.

I live in Rathfarnham but not Whitechurch. If I got a house for free I would not live there from a personal opinion.

Hi

I am a long term resident in Rathfarnham and know the area very well, so let me clear the air here...

1) Rathfarnham has expanded over the last 15 years, it used to stretch from Terenure right up to Lamb Doyles and the Dublin Mountains. Whitechurch is in the greater Rathfarnham area, but is referred to as Ballyboden.
2) Whitechurch is considered one of the least favourable areas of Rathfarnham to live in because it used to be council housing, however it is not a bad area.
3) The area around the village is "true Rathfarnham" and is one of the most desirable areas to live in South Dublin. (Source Gunne)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back