Rathbraughan, Sligo

rapid

I am thinking of buing a house for investment in Rathbraughan in Sligo town. My budget is no more than €200,000. Does anyone know anything about this area? Would it be better to buy in a different area of Sligo?

Thanks.

Rathbraughan is a bit rough and a bit far out of town. I know someone who had a house there and had many problems with tenants etc. There are some excellent section 50 student accomodation I hear good reports about, like Yeats village. There there is a caretaker to collect the rent , repair leaky taps or whatever, and security on site..

Thats why places like Yeats village apartments in Sligo are doing much better. They are closer / practically adjacent to Sligo IT, and summer apartment rental rates are up to 100 euro per night, gross.

Hi Rapid

Did you buy yet? As outlined in the previous replies the estate was very popular with students and the villages have impacted on this. But there is value to be had here and with Sligo currently undergoing extensive development and expansion I think these properties are value for the investor who is prepared to look at the 5 - 7 year picture.

If you are still interested in purchasing in the area get in touch, I know of someone selling - to upgrade their own home - price reasonable.

Back