Rat blocker

Society

I saw a rat going down an outside drain beside the down stairs toilet. I sealed the toilet lid in case it came up there. Is there a rat blocker device to put in the pipe you can get to allow waste out but not allow the rat up And is it easy to install. Thank

Yesterday we saw a large dead rat in the middle of our back garden lawn. We had put down some rat poison during the summer as we had seen a couple of mice eating the seeds from our hollyhock plants. We also put down some mouse traps with a bit of peanut butter as bait. We managed to catch three mice. They are out there.

I had a similar problem and got a "rat flap" installed in the drian pipe running beside the house.
The drian pipe is connected to the larger public pipe which serves a number of houses. The guys installed
it at one of the shores on the pipe. It operates like a gate that can only be opened from one direction.
So a rat coming from the public pipe cannot get through. If a rat has already passed this point it can exit
through the gate/flap. Basically means that you are shutting off this route into your house. Cost was 275 euros.
Any of the companies operating in this space should have this product.

Having tried several approaches the only thing that works with rodents is putting down poison and refreshing it regularly.