rapidshare/how to use

hopalong

hi all technos,i have the use of rapidshare for a week or so,its premium,im trying to download with it,i do a google blog for a movie,then paste my rar file link into the address bar,it then downloads,say 3 rar files,but when i unzip /extract the files,its looking for rar 4,can some one talk me through the process,im logged into rapidshare premium,thanks.

Sounds like you need the fourth URL. Rapidshare is a site for users to share files by uploading them, but the person who uploaded is responsible for the content (and splitting files, password protection etc), Rapidshare only stores the file(s) on their server. So if a part is missing you need to get the URL from the site you got the other 3 from and download.

You probably know this, but downloading movies is generally not legal...

ta,there were only 3 rar files uploaded,so they have not uploaded the 4 th,if win rar is looking for that file,thanks.

could be that the poster did this to waste your download time & effort (*) or as a trojan? or maybe there is a second thread on the site, or posts only visible to authenticated users.

* record companies have been known to do this to torrentors.

Hi there,

I wanted to reopen this thread as I am a complete novice when it comes to downloading movies. I have signed up for rapidshare and am using the Katz website as a search function but that is as far as I'm getting .

I was trying to download a movie but there was over 30 rar file links on the Katz page. Can someone please tell me how I get from those 30 rar files to one complete movie file?

I would really appreciate it if some kind person would share their knowledge with me.

Thanks.

Hi there,
I wanted to reopen this thread as I am a complete novice when it comes to downloading movies.

I dont know anything about RapidShare but I would recommend torrenting with uTorrent. Stick the film you want into a search engine like http://www.isohunt.com, download a tiny torrent file, open it in uTorrent and it does the rest.....

PS the above approach is completely free with no signing up

You probably know this, but downloading movies is generally not legal...

As rmelly says above^^^.

For rar files:

If you download the set of rar files (for say your Thesis or series of holiday photographs which your friend has sent you ), then use a program such as 'winrar' to expand the first file. It will then pick up the others and join them together.

But as rmelly said above, watch out for the legality of what you are doing!

Can someone please tell me how I get from those 30 rar files to one complete movie file?

I would really appreciate it if some kind person would share their knowledge with me.

Clicking on part 1 will generally unzip all the rar files into a single file.

Thanks a million everyone - you make it sound so easy I feel like a dunce now! Will definitely have another go this evening - my Thesis is due in on Tuesday

has anyone got their head around the new rapidshare system i.e instead of a monthly fee,buying points and getting a certain gb download.