Range Cookers

S

SWANNY55

Can anyone give me some advice about Gas Range cookers? I am interested in the Rangemaster Dual Fuel 90 but don't know how good they are. I would prefer all gas, but will settle for an electric cooker if necessary.

love my britannia range cooker...i went all electric but you can deffo go gas hob/electric cooker. Dont know if they do all gas! The britannia was expensive - went for the sigma which has a pull out storage drawer as opposed to the flap on the storage compartment on the other models! I also considered the rangemaster but i decided against it as, I wanted to have a grill seperate to the oven (there's actually a grill in both as it turns out) and felt seperate grill and 2 seperate ovens as per the rangemaster was over kill for my requirements. The rangemaster was also more of a traditional look than i was looking for. Discount electrical in mountjoy square and clearys carry the britannia range.

One other thing, i at first was going for the 90 width but decided to go for the meter in the end as a the internal dimensions of the 2nd oven in the 90 was tiny! A dinner plate wouldn't fit in there - the metre is a much better size if you have the space - i had a new build so adjusted the kitchen layout to accomodate.

I agree with Sloggi. I bought a Waterford Stanley 90cm cooker for Christmas.(Gas hob/electric oven). Christmas Day, the main oven was full of turkey and roast potatoes so I went to put the dinnerplates in the other oven to warm them only to discover that there was no way they'd fit! Big mistake!

I have the rangemaster 90, and find the second oven great if I'm just cooking for 2, fits a small casserole/lasagne dish. I have gas hob and electric oven. Best combination imo. The only downside is that I find the roasting rack in the large oven a pain and still have to figure out a way to remove it!

Does aanyone have the Waterford 70cm range? I was looking to purchase this soon and was hoping for some feedback..........

Thanks to all who gave advice! I think we have definately decided to go for the 100 size. Have seen a Waterford Stanley which "himself" was very impressed with & was what I was hoping for from day one.

There is a recent thread on this.

We are putting in a 100cm range but decided on the Zanussi. retails at about €1600. i was lead to believe the waterford stanley were a lot more expensive ?

I had a look at the manual on the Waterford Stanley (not the one that came with it - had to call and have a full one emailed to me) and there is no difference in oven sizes from the 90cm dual fuel to 100cm dual fuel. Both have two ovens of the same size - 56.8 litres for the large and 34 litres for the smaller beside. In fact the storage compartment in the 100cm is 18.9 l compared to 30.1 l in the 90cm.

I was referring to the britannia range so cant comment on the waterford stanley, but, if you think about it, there is a difference of 10cm between the 2 so the 90 has to have 10cm less of something the 100 has!! i was reffering to actual internal measurements as opposed to volume - but doesn't make sense that the 2 are the same - unless the main oven is smaller than the standard 60cm wide one!!!

If you look at the Waterford 100 cm range cooker, you will see that the ovens do not extend the the edges. It is true that the ovens are the same size as in the 90cm cooker. The hob is bigger of course.

i stand corrected so! but looks like the 90 hob and 100 hob are the same - 5 burner! so it seems the only addition the 100 is that it takes up more space. go figure!

Hi all,
Not meaning to hijack this thread but has anyone out there bought the fischer and paykel 120cm wide Galaxy Range, have one on order and want to be sure it is the right decision,
Cheers,
FifiB

The 90 and 100 waterford ranges are the same in hob size. The wok burner in the middle is slightly different - one says duel fuel (100 cm) and the other says gas (90 cm) but I'd say this is a misprint. The 100 cm extra width is to accomodate the legs formed outside as opposed to the 90 where the legs are slightly inside underneath.

Hi you should check out www.rangecookers.co.uk I bought a Stoves dual fuel 110cm with 2 A rated ovens and a slow oven for 1150 sterling with free delivery to Dublin. The cooker was delivered within 2 weeks. The same one was on a sale price here for 2499 euro normal price is 2799 euro I saved 750 over the SALE price. All Stoves appliances have free delivery to Southern Ireland as do some of their other appliances

I have Kenwood range cooker, 5 burners, 2 ovens. Bought in Currys last year for €850. Bloody marvellous!