Range Cooker

barry75

Hi All,has anyone bought a cooker up North or across the pond?there seems to be big savings to be made.we are interested in a dual fuel range cooker dont know which type yet,looking at Belling Kensington and Rangemaster.Anyone recommend a supplier ?

I bought a Rangemaster Elan (dual-fuel) from Hardys in Kilkeel (near Newry I think,) just dealt with them over the phone. They were very helpful and it was worth my while financially going cross border!

i think that the gas jets have to be changed for the south, also i dont think they have the safety cut- off that is a legal req. here now

If you order from Hardys of Kilkeel and tell them that you need a cooker to comply with Republic regulations, they will have the necessary devices added at the manufacture stage (flame failure) ( you may have to wait a little longer than usual for this).
I bought from Hardy's and got a qualified plumber to install it - no problems! If buying from a retailer in the South , still have to get it installed by someone who knows what they are doing!

Check that any warranty provided will be valid if you buy outside the Republic. I know someone who ran into problems with a Stanley Range when trying to use the warranty afterwards. They had bought in the north but were living in the south.

Back