Range Cooker Recomendations

mloc

We are going to buy a range cooker for our new extension. Does anybody have any advice on which brand to go for?
We have looked at AEG, Neff, Rangemaster so far but I'd appreciate if anybody had any first hand advice on these or other models?

Thanks
Colm

We have an electric Rangemaster Toledo 1100 since last July and it works very well. I can't comment on other brands. It was bought in Hardys in Newry and we saved about €400.
I have no affiliation to Hardys.

(sorry for butting in mloc) I'm thinking of buying a rangemaster too, and looking at Hardys (no affiliation)
Are you covered for breakdowns problems etc from the north, do you know?

We also got a rangemaster and are very happy with it. It's easy to clean which is important and the 2 ovens are very useful. We bought ours locally, and have had no problems in the past year.

Hi

We've just finished our extension and this week we had a rangemaster cooker delivered and fitted. We bought it from Direct Discounts in Halifax, Yorkshire. They quoted £125 cheaper for a cooker, splash back and hood than Currys did and we got a 2 year warranty as they are a Design Centre (something the manufacturer must support?). Might be worth trying with them?
They were quite useful in telling us whats what with range cookers - Rangemaster and Falcon being the more popular. There are so many in the range you might want to look at to help.
Regardless of what you buy range cookers are absolutely brilliant and the kitchen now looks the biz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been on to Hardy - (no affiliation - only heard about them on AAM) and serious deals to be had. A saving of 1000€!!!! The flame failure device is installed, delivery is cheap, and full 2 year warranty. Gonna be hard to beat that

Just been on to Hardy - (no affiliation - only heard about them on AAM) and serious deals to be had. A saving of 1000€!!!! The flame failure device is installed, delivery is cheap, and full 2 year warranty. Gonna be hard to beat that
did you ask them who services the warranty in the south?

I have a falcon as it's commercial quality and it does not have a timer, timers cause problems as if they break you lose your oven or they get put on to timer accidentally and then you have to pay someone like me to come out just to flick a switch.

according to Hardy's the service technician would come out from Dublin. They sell a lot of ranges in Dublin apparently, and this is straightforward enough. the appliance comes with a two year cover from rangemaster.

Back