Range Cooker Advice

mloc

We're looking at range cookers to go into a new extension. Preferably one with two ovens. So far we like the look of the AEG and SMEG models. Does anybody have any advice about these models or any other models that they would recommend. We want as much functionality as possible.

As the other half insisted on having gas rings & electric oven, we were going to go with a Rangemaster range cooker (I think it was the Excel which has 5 gas rings & 2 ceramic), but I wasn't fully sure as I kept reading that induction cooking is fantastic. Eventually the number of people we met who raved about their induction hobs won him over.

We now have 2 Neff induction hobs side by side, and underneath one is a Neff multi-function oven with pyrolitic cleaning, under the other is a (Neff again) combination microwave and oven with a warming drawer underneath. Our old microwave is in the utility room just in case a microwave is needed when the small Neff oven is in use. It doesn't look unlike a range cooker, but I think it has worked out far better for us than a range cooker would have.

Induction really is brilliant, so much easier to clean than a gas hob, the pyrolitic feature really does what it says, the combination oven is fantastic. Apparently you can roast a chicken in 25 minutes but I haven't tried that yet! I've still to fall in love with the warming drawer, but it's quite handy. Apparently it can be used for proving dough, slow cooking, keeping meals warm for ages without them drying out, but all I've done so far is warm plates in it.

Anyhow, I'm really delighted we didn't end up going for a range cooker.