Random post removal in Askaboutlaw forum

Bocking14

Who is it that removes posts arbitrarily? I had a post in the law forum about the actions of a local authority.

I got a notification to say the post had been deleted because it had "Nothing to with the law".

Whoever does this doesn't even request the post be edited.

It was a question about legalities in the law forum so removal was arbitrary

What about:

22 We do not discuss moderators' decisions
The moderators are volunteers and do not have time to enter into discussions on our editorial decisions, so

1) Don't ask why a particular user was banned

2) If you genuinely don't know which guideline you broke, then maybe you should not be posting on Askaboutmoney

3) In very rare circumstances, where there was a genuine misunderstanding about your post, you may send a Private Message to the moderator. But we have no time to indulge people.

Try No. 3

Privately owned forum. The owners and operators have the right.
It’s like being refused entry to a pub.

Build a bridge. Get over it.

What about:

22 We do not discuss moderators' decisions
The moderators are volunteers and do not have time to enter into discussions on our editorial decisions, so

1) Don't ask why a particular user was banned

2) If you genuinely don't know which guideline you broke, then maybe you should not be posting on Askaboutmoney

3) In very rare circumstances, where there was a genuine misunderstanding about your post, you may send a Private Message to the moderator. But we have no time to indulge people.

Try No. 3

This did make me smile. Basically, because we can now go away

This did make me smile. Basically, because we can now go away
The moderators are unpaid and generally do a good job. The odd time they may make what some think is a bad or unfair decision but there's no malice in it and they certainly don't have time for a debate about perspective and opinion so just learn from it and move on.

I've had posts deleted. I haven't lost sleep over it, nor even shed a tear, even when I knew that the world was a lesser place after being denied the gift of my wisdom...

OMG @Purple, you too! I've had posts removed but haven't always been able to adopt your stiff upper lip attitude, defaulting to my standard trembling lower lip reaction. Could we start a self-help thread / injured posters anonymous group for those of us unable to let go?

OMG @Purple, you too! I've had posts removed but haven't always been able to adopt your stiff upper lip attitude, defaulting to my standard trembling lower lip reaction. Could we start a self-help thread / injured posters anonymous group for those of us unable to let go?
I think we may be unfair to the poster who brought this up. Some people (not me obviously) post useful information and/or ask useful questions and may feel put out when their post is deleted because it was in the wrong section.

Back