Raisin to launch deposit accounts in Ireland in weeks, AIB entering Germany

The Czechs have a debt/GDP ratio of 45% or so and can print their own currency. This gives them a decent capacity to stand over their guarantee, although I don't know much about their banking system.

Grenke bank is rated BBB+ by S&P, similar to Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank. Sistema are BB, ALior is much the same.

Not instilling much confidence would be my immediate reaction. Nigerian bank?!

A good article on who First Save are is here.

This is interesting. Are you just going by the credit ratings for each company or do you know know much about the guarantee about all of the countries? Czech Rep have a higher credit rating than Ireland.

Fair point that the Czech Rep guarantee is backed by a government with a high credit rating. Concern came from how small a bank J&T is and more broadly about how some, but not all, of the banks that Raisin have partnered with do not seem to be the strongest bunch of banks.

.... and more broadly about how some, but not all, of the banks that Raisin have partnered with do not seem to be the strongest bunch of banks.

One of the key reasons they offer competitive rates, don't you think ? Ultimately, this is risk versues reward, strong more well established banks are deemed lower risk, so don't have to pay the same rate for their cash deposits etc. I think you know where I'm going.....

Raisin have now launched in Austria.

Raisin say they will launch across Europe, via their English language site, "in just a few weeks". Higher rates, from a mixed bag of European banks, on the way.

Raisin are apparently very close to launch.

13th bank has signed up to their marketplace.

Raisin, in Germany and Austria, are now offering instant access products as well as term deposit products.