Rain affecting signal on FTA satellite

Astra

I bought a FTA satellite dish and all was working well until the winter set in. Now any time it rains the picture goes funny or I get a notice saying no signal, especially on the ITV channels. The rest of the time it works fine but given the amount of rainfall we get I currently spend more time loosing reception than watching it. Has anyone else noticed this and if so any solutions?

i had d same problem with our sky dish.it was only half way up the wall at the side of the house so i got it moved to where there was a bit more shelter. it`s a lot better now..plus he changed the part faceing back towards the dish,i think it`s called a "horn".
Hope that helps.
ktwo

Here's the [broken link removed] — from a company that would like to sell you its 'Gain Master' dish! :rolleyes:

Here's the simpler answer.

Probably, your dish just isn't aligned accurately enough. You have a wider margin of error in clear conditions, but if you find the picture freezing and going kind of 'blocky' whenever it rains or gets very overcast, you should try adjusting it just a hairsbreadth or so in different directions and see if the reception improves. It can be a bit awkward if you don't have a [broken link removed] — two people shouting back and forth out the window...

Needless to say, if you paid someone else to do the job you could always try getting them back to do the job!

Thanks will try the signal meter, could not go through the whole shouting through the window scenario again!

Also is your FTA dish a camping dish from Lidl. If so it is smaller and so the signal strength may be weaker.

Back