Rail travel - Brussels to Paris tickets where to buy

Saudi

Hi

I'm heading over to the Ireland v Argentina game at the end of Sept and I'm flying in and out of Brussels. Plan on getting a train to Paris from Brussels Midi - does anyone know any websites/travel agents where I can book tickets? Want to buy the tickets before I head off as it would be a disaster to miss it!

Thanks

S

I think you can buy them from the Iaranroid Eireann ticket office in Dublin on Abbey Street if you are Dublin based.

Check the prices on the SNCF site before going in to Abbey Street - from my understanding of the operation there, they add a fair margin on to European tickets. There is a definite advantage to using their services, especially where the booking engine is in French or German and you are not sure what you are ordering, but you should get an idea of the face value of the ticket before ordering from Abbey Street.

I have booked tickets online with German and Austrian railways before and the tickets both arrived in a matter of days - no problems there.

You could also look at www.thetrainline.co.uk (and follow the link for international tickets) to get an indication of prices when resold through a non-SNCF site. You won't be able to order through thetrainline.co.uk unless you have a UK billable credit card.

z

I have booked tickets online with German and Austrian railways before and the tickets both arrived in a matter of days - no problems there.

We booked a French train a couple of weeks ago from SNCF, and got emailed the tickets.
They also seem to do frequent bargains;

Why not just buy them at Midi. Go to 'services internationales' (ticket sales) you will find numerous offers/ discounts there.

[broken link removed]

Use Brussels Midi as you departing station as most of the paris trains start there, it looks like they will only take about 1h20...

Back