Raheny Dublin

dublinman

Thinking of moving from dublin 15 to raheny area in north dublin, to get dart access/ better less crowded schools

Anyone got any general advice on the area / schools etc

Is it a good area for young families ?

It all depends on where you live. It has a huge triangle area ranging from Clontarf to Coolock and back to Sutton.

For the most part it is a great area but some parts are quite a distance from the dart.

Thanks for your very prompt reponse

Basically, to cut straight to the chase, I was looking at eg ennafort/ st assams / wades avenue areas ie short walk from dart.

I'm wondering is their a good mix of people of different ages in these areas (i'm a 35 year old with 2 small kids), and what would the local primary schools be like (I understand that the secondary schools are excellent)

I'm a little worried that some areas look like they are mainly populated by an older agegroup and that we would be a bit out of place

We looked at ennafort when we were buying 6 years ago. Would have liked to get one there but couldn't afford it. I'm from Northside and have a friend living in Woodbine in Raheny and I'd have no hesitation with regard to ennafort, but I don't know anything about St Assams/ wades avenue. I would consider central Raheny to be a lovely palce to live and you can't beat the convenience of the dart. I'd imagine you'd get a lot less for your money than in D 15 though.

Hi, I live quite close to Ennafort/ Wades avenue. I love the area and have no complains. There are primary and secondary schools nearby as well as plenty of amenties i.e. pubs, train and bus services, shopping centre's, gyms, St. Anne's park, police station etc in the area. There is a mix of young and old living in Ennafort as well as Wades avenue, however I would say Wades avenue area would have a younger generation as a lot of houses have been sold to younger couples within the last couple of years and several kids to be seen playing around this area.

Hi
I am from Tipperary and we bought a house in St. Assams park that needed considerable renovation about 8 years for what was considered at the time an astronomical price. My husband is from local which is right across the Howth Road from St. Assam's so we have family close by. When we moved here the houses were a mix of elderly people and young families, but as time progresses there are more and more young families coming into the area. This area would be considered a prime location around here and this is probadly reflected in the prices. But the amenities of sea, park, dart and town make it an ideal place to bring up a family. The neighbours are fantastic, it is very quite area. Plenty of good schools to choose from as well, Raheny, Bayside, North Bay and sought after Gaelscoil's in kilbarrack and Artane.

Grew up in St. Assams - great place to live but getting very expensive. The profile of neighbourhood is changing - it is mainly middle aged to older people at the moment but there are quite a few younger couples with families moving in. Its a quiet area. Be aware though, the roads can get quite congested with people parking there for the dart. Good schools, St.Annes very close and near to the sea.

anyone live in Raheny?

what do you like about living there? Just saw a house online, that we would like to view.

Thanks

We live in the Brookwood area (Artane) which is beside Raheny. We love it here. All the amenities on our doorstep - st Annes PArk, beach, great primary and secondary schools. Clontarf, Raheny and Killester are all withing a few minutes walk. Harmonstown DART station is 5 mins walk. Brookwood would be more affordable than Assams/Eannafort as far as I know. There are a couple of places for sale around here - deffo check it out

The houses are older and ours needed complete refurb, but they are really well built. Is generally an older area, but lots of younger couples with small kids have moved in around us recently - good mix and are lovely people

Best of luck...

No worries. Let us know how you get on. If you need to know anything mnore about the area, give us a shout.

I would pick Brookwood over Assams/Eannafort. They are right beside each other. I think there are more facilities within reach in Brookwood

D

Ok found houses in the Assam area and are expensive.Not sure where Brookwood is near,looks like must familiarise myself a lot more with area.

Thanks,might get a viewing this w/e or early next week

Brookwood is right off the Howth Road before you come to Raheny. There are loads of different roads - Brookwood Ave, Road, Rise, Park, etc. Is very nice and very central. Our part is Artane. Our friend is on a different road to us in Brookwood and he is Raheny postal address .Some people have their address as Killester. Assams is €€€€

Deffo check out Brookwood. There are different house types at different prices - not sure what you're after. As I said, there seems to be 5/6 for sale around here at the minute

ok saw house today.lovely house,noisy location and did not like area.back on the drawing board again,this is hard work !